Yesterday's Dream

Inspired by a real dream and by "The Storm":



It's too harsh
It's too much...
It breaks, can't you feel?
It hurts, can't you hear?...

...It was your piano last night,
crushed under merciless fingers...
Its keys were flowing down, like plastic,
Heated by moonlight rays...

I was standing there
like a silhouette painted by Leonid Afremov;
I didn't necessarily expect anything
But I found myself slipping down the alley
of your melted wrong keys
Together with the rest...

...I didn't think that you're the best
Until I saw Venice...
Everything was a stream
Flooding the streets, seizing the buildings
Touched by you, the tides were rising
Beautiful and frightening
From the ground to the sky;
On the ice of your cold breath we were skating downwards
Half alive and half spirits,
Surfing through a sea of unknown...

- to Mr. Balázs Havasi
28.11.2011

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being inspired by a real dream,
t
his poem is quite an "yesterday's dream".

Although I like Havasi and although I am a rock fan,
I consider that the beauty of the piano music doesn't
consist of pressing hard and rapidly the piano keys,
so I somewhat disagree with him on this matter.
This version of "the Storm" is quite relevant for what
I had to say.

Yet Havasi remains a great pianist and composer,
no matter how hard anybody tries to criticize his work.

In this poem he walks us downwards, on icy streets,
towards the unknown of his music.
His work is Venice.

PREVIOUS NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment